The British Council’s Architecture, Design, Fashion (ADF) department creates links between designers and cultural institutions around the world, through a diverse range of projects across the three disciplines.
What does the ADF team do?
- We work with a worldwide network of colleagues and international partners to:
- Develop curated programmes of contemporary architecture, design and fashion both in the UK and overseas;
- Produce and collaborate on both small and large scale international events, such as festivals, workshops, and conferences;
- Produce exhibitions and advise partners on touring exhibitions overseas;
- Host curators and festival directors from around the world in order to promote British expertise and expand networks;
- Support new talent and creative practice from the UK through travel grants and fellowships;
- Coordinate fashion and architecture showcases in the UK to widen our perspectives on contemporary practice;
- Produce publications and films to complement our exhibitions and events, including the ADF Papers - our platform to share new directions in British architecture, design and fashion.
Find out about our current activity and the latest developments across all areas of UK architecture, design and fashion on our blog.